Modern lifestyle presents great challenges to the individual to engage in regular exercise. Long working hours, frequent travel, ease of personal transport and adverse weather conditions are all factors which contribute to this problem.
Physical inactivity increases the chances of developing the following:
- Cardiovascular disease including heart attack and stroke.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Joint problems
- Impairment of intellectual, mental and sexual wellbeing
There are many benefits to regular physical exercise. The recommendation for an ideal regime is 30 minutes five times a week of physical activity which will make an individual feel sweaty, slightly short of breath and increase the heart rate.
The exercise regime should be tailored to the individual needs. For some, a regular walk is as good as playing a sport. Other types of regular activities include gardening, swimming, or attending a gym or keep-fit class . Other tips for increasing physical activity include using the stairs instead of lifts, walking up a moving escalator, and walking rather than driving for short distances.
There are many benefits to regular exercise:
- Reducing the chances of developing diabetes and obesity.
- Improved control of serious conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, raised cholesterol and obesity
- Boosting the immune system
- Reducing the chances of developing osteoporosis, i.e. thining of the bones
- Improving physical, intellectual and sexual performance
- Looking fit and healthy, thus improving self-confidence
At Lotus Healthcare, we will advise you on the right solution for your individual needs and guide you to the appropriate experts in this field.